Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is an archive – please don't edit.
Following have all been processed; the blue linked tips have been replaced with redirects. JohnBeckett 10:36, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Following are the pages due for deletion, with the proposed deletion reasons (abbreviated):
- A rough mapping to spellcheck the buffer 433 Spell check is now built in...
- Mac style Vim icon 1273 Tip has no useful information...
- Php help page is empty
- Spell check of word below cursor 633 Vim now has built-in spelling support. See :help spell
- Working with R Project for Statistical Computing now a redirect
- CatPreload Maintenance cleanup: I think this is unused (content is an html comment)
- More Vim Wikis Not required, see Vim documentation#Other Vim wikis
- NewCategoryIntro Maintenance cleanup: I think this is unused
- TipPreload Maintenance cleanup: I think this is unused
- Talk:Different syntax highlighting within regions of a file Talk page not needed
- Talk:Edit gpg encrypted files Talk page not needed
- Talk:Enable servername capability in vim/xterm Talk page not needed
- Talk:Highlight long lines unhelpful
- Talk:Make C-Left C-Right behave as in Windows problem addressed
- Help talk:Beyond the basics Talk page not required
- Script talk:231 Talk page not needed
- Script talk:3255 Talk page not needed
- Script:1941 Bram has deleted script 1941, so this page serves no purpose
- User talk:Patriczole possible spam account
- Category:VIM online forums as addition to/compliment of mailing lists not a category, content moved to Vim.org relaunch#Online forum
I plan to delete the above in a few days if no disagreements. JohnBeckett 10:57, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Following are flagged for deletion but are "merged":
- All done: each of following (and associated VimTipNr page) now redirects to target of merge.
- A simple "boss key" mapping or panic button 726 Merged to VimTip184
- Add closing brace automatically on code blocks 1162 Merged to VimTip630
- Back and forth between indented lines again 112 Merged to VimTip103
- Complete from filetype syntax file 765 Merged to VimTip498
- Hide all functions in your code 240 Merged to VimTip108
- Open big files and work fast 611 Merged to VimTip343
- Single command to quit VIM with multiple windows Merged to VimTip1581
I will check each of the above soon. I guess I will replace each with a redirect to the merged location. JohnBeckett 10:57, April 19, 2011 (UTC)
Based only on the tip titles and comments (most of these sound familiar), I agree with all the proposed deletions. I trust your judgement. Let me know if you want me to lend a hand. I'm going to focus on the new tips discussions over the next few days (I hope). --Fritzophrenic 19:33, April 19, 2011 (UTC)