The Main Page on any wikia is the page that can be accessed by clicking the wikia's logo. The Main Page is like the welcome mat - it is the primary landing page for your readers. Keep in mind that first impressions count!
Step by step
- If you've just created a new wikia, your main page is populated with a set of default content, including the description, a live feed of the latest activity on your wikia, and a placeholder for a photo.
- You can change any part of this page by editing it. Simply click "Edit" at the top of the page.
- We recommend that your main page include a short intro paragraph that tells your readers what your wikia is about and what people can expect to find there.
- We also recommend that you include links to the most important articles on your main page. This will help readers find their way to great content quickly.
- Many wikias find that adding a slider to the Main Page is an attractive way to help users find great content. You can learn more about sliders at Help:Galleries, Slideshows, and Sliders.
- Be sure to give your main page a clean design. It doesn't need to be fancy — it just needs to look nice! The main page column tags that are already set up are the best way to organize the page's layout.
Further help and feedback
Retrieved from "http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Main_page"