The following scripts were selected as "best" by the #vim community.
See Vim scripts for more information.
- Enhanced Commentify author Meikel Brandmeyer
- The best language-aware tool to switch lines between commented and uncommented.
- Large File author Charles Campbell
- Edit large files quickly.
- Automatically speeds up Vim by switching off features like syntax highlighting when editing a large file.
- NERD Tree author Marty Grenfell
- A tree explorer plugin for navigating the file system.
- Can open and bookmark directories or files.
- Super Tab author Gergely Kontra and Eric Van Dewoestine
- Do all your insert-mode completion with the Tab key. :help ins-completion
- Surround author Tim Pope
- Easily add, delete or change "surroundings".
- Handles parentheses, brackets, quotes, XML tags, and more.
- For example, ds( deletes the outer pair of parentheses.
- Tag List author Yegappan Lakshmanan
- Source code browser using Exuberant Ctags.
- Supports C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, tcl, sql, php and more.
- Provides an overview of the structure of source code files, and allows you to efficiently browse source code.