Did you know? view archive
- The Vim FAQ is online.
- There are several methods to change the indentation of a block of lines.
- A mapping can change the Home key to move to the first character, or the first that is nonblank.
- Filtering and redirection can capture output from Vim or external programs.
- It's easy to change between backslash and forward slash in a file path.
- If you create your own tags file, you can jump to the correct line and column.
- If you work with many files, it's easy to save them all with
- Simple substitutes or a Perl script can convert text using HTML entities like
- The command
:g/^/exe ".w ".line(".").".txt"saves each line in the buffer to a separate file.
:g//lists all lines containing the last search pattern, and :redir will capture the results.
set browsedir=bufferthe File, Open dialog defaults to the current file's directory.