Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Just use the "htmlm4.vim" syntax script. (I got this from VimTip1041, but it was non-obvious to somebody looking for a quick answer.)
Put simply, while in normal mode, type the following:
You can automatically load this syntax for all html files by adding the following line to your vimrc:
au BufRead *.html set filetype=htmlm4
- Thanks, but please spell out what you think we on the wiki should do (assuming I don't want to take the time to figure it all out). Are you saying:
- You automatically get that functionality (assuming say Vim 7) if filetype is html.
- So there is nothing in this tip that is worth keeping.
- We should delete this tip.
- JohnBeckett 10:10, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
Try it for your self, at least in my w3 compliant html file with embed js, syntax/html doesn't give the correct highlighting but syntax/htmlm4 does. For that reason alone I think this page should stay. A counter intuative and suprising work around, but if it works, it works.
- Dschnau10 November 1 2012