For each proposed new tip:
- Is it worth keeping as a separate tip?
- Should it be merged into an existing tip? Which?
- If it should be kept, is it ready for release? Which points need fixing? Should it be renamed?
Please edit this page (not the talk page) in the appropriate section below the following table.
Alternatively, comments can be posted on the mailing list.
|Proposed new tip||Current consensus|
|Compiling LaTeX from Vim||Kept as VimTip1678|
|Have VCSCommand work with an existing TortoiseSVN checkout||-|
|Open pdf to the current location in a LaTeX file||Keep|
|Vim in Windows 7 "taskbar"||-|
Please add your comment (sign with
~~~~) below the appropriate heading. Use
---- between comments.
General comments (not for a specific tip)
- Kept as VimTip1678. What Fritzophrenic says in following is true, this is something that many Vim users need to do. I thought about all this when Wuzzeb was working on the LaTeX tips, and I redirected several things to this new tip in May, due to some reasoning that I can't quite recall now (see what links here). I'm doing a few housecleaning things which need the redirect target to be a valid tip, so I have manually promoted it. JohnBeckett 04:44, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Tentative keep. Looks useful, though it only has more to do with LaTex tools than Vim. --Fritzophrenic 21:03, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
Delete Fritzophrenic is correct. JohnBeckett 04:44, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Delete. This tip is very misguided, and I cannot find another tip to "merge" it to (i.e. a tip which says to add a "!" to disable jumping to the first error on a :make). --Fritzophrenic 20:48, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Since we don't have another tip to merge to (I looked again) I went ahead and fleshed out the tip with the correct method. We can keep it now. --Fritzophrenic (talk) 05:03, October 10, 2012 (UTC)
This is a strange one, I'm not sure what I think. I think it would best go in the documentation for the plugin, and be deleted from here after it is included. Maybe keep without a tip ID until then. --Fritzophrenic 20:54, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Keep Useful. JohnBeckett 04:44, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Keep. Looks useful, and we have similar tips already. --Fritzophrenic 21:03, June 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Renamed to the more descriptive Fix system path for Vim launched from Windows 7 taskbar and added categories. This isn't what I seem to have thought it was back in June but still is probably worth keeping. --Fritzophrenic (talk) 04:37, October 10, 2012 (UTC)