For each proposed new tip:
- Is it worth keeping as a separate tip?
- Should it be merged into an existing tip? Which?
- If it should be kept, is it ready for release? Which points need fixing? Should it be renamed?
Please edit this page (not the talk page) in the appropriate section below the following table.
Alternatively, comments can be posted on the mailing list.
|Proposed new tip||Current consensus|
|Back up Lists and Dictionaries to viminfo||-|
|Verbose replace without 'c' flag||-|
Please add your comment (sign with
~~~~) below the appropriate heading. Use
---- between comments.
General comments (not for a specific tip)Edit
- Tip was originally Automatically Saving Lists to File and was renamed July 23, 2013.
- While it's not entirely satisfactory to have a tip on something that is not often needed and which is supported to a "good enough" extent in newer Vim versions, we've put this off long enough so I think the tip should be kept. JohnBeckett (talk) 09:23, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
Keep, but expand a little. I think Marc Weber's git-based "wiki" has some info we could borrow. Way too many people use plugin managers for us not to have a tip on them. Even I've started using Pathogen. --Fritzophrenic (talk) 15:19, July 29, 2013 (UTC)