Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Building or downloading VimEdit
- Building Vim overview, with links for more information, on how to build Vim (download source and compile)
- Where to download Vim how to download Vim to run on your system without building
Vim help documentationEdit
- Our tips for using Vim's help
- Up-to-date online mirror of Vim help
- Vim 7.4 help as printable PDF and PS
- Vim help as a fully cross-referenced PDF (pdf here and script here).
Vim references, tutorials, guidesEdit
- Seven habits of effective text editing by Bram Moolenaar (2000)
- A simple Vim reference (good for beginners)
- Keyboard cheat sheet and tutorial excellent for learning the essential commands
- Vim reference card, by command (pdf)
- Vim reference card, by functionality (pdf)
- Vim reference card, by functionality (tex)
- Vim quick reference card (various formats and languages)
- Purchase a Vim reference coffee mug
- A slightly advanced Introduction to Vim in Linux Gazette, provides an easy walkthrough for basic and intermediate Vim use
- Screencast Vim tutorials by Derek Wyatt walking through some simple concepts as well as more advanced topics and plugin demonstrations
- Vim scripting from ibm.com
- Vimcasts is a site with excellent screencasts about Vim
- Scripting the Vim Editor by Damian Conway
- Information about books on Vim maintained by Vim's author, Bram Moolenaar, ICCF Holland
- Vim for Writers CC-licensed guide to Vim, (HTML, PDF), 2009
- Vim Recipes CC-licensed cookbook, (HTML, PDF), 2009
- A Byte of Vim by Swaroop C H CC-licensed ebook, (book, HTML, PDF), 2008
- The Vim book by Steve Oualline, New Riders, (PDF), 2001
- Errata for The Vim book maintained by Bram Moolenaar
- Practical Vim: Edit Text at the Speed of Thought by Drew Neil, The Pragmatic Bookshelf, (book, PDF), 2012
- UseVim: A great blog of vim tips and tricks.
- David Rayner (zzapper) has the Best of Vim Tips list.
- Luc Hermitte's Vim macros site has many plugins, ftplugins (mainly for C and C++), and more.
- Robert Melton's home for the #VIM Freenode channel with Vim information.
- Vim Regular Expessions 101
Vim tips on other sitesEdit
- Workspace efficiency
- Search don't scroll
- Taming your Vim config
- My commented 800-line vimrc
- Settings in vimrc and scripts for PL/SQL coding
- Enable thesaurus option
- Vim navigation fundamentals
- 3 powerful Ms macro mark map
- Using Vim as your bash ide
- Using Vim as your C ide
- Tips for writing Lisp code